Nobody likes to read pansy, wordy bios, so here are a few bullets about me to get to know your Tap Food & Travel blogger, Brockwell.
- originally from New York
- played competitive ice hockey up through college (career high sophomore year- 3 goals, 5 assists. one would call me the quintessential “locker room guy”)
- now I just three-putt when I want to feel athletically inadequate.
- I’m an LA 4, New York 6
- best weekend of my life, Oktoberfest in Munich, 2018
- worst weekend of my life, high school after-prom at the the Jersey Shore Motel 6
- beer of choice: Stella Artois
- dog lover, especially lap dogs. but who doesn’t love lap dogs?
- go-to karaoke song: “Piano Man”- Billy Joel
- my biggest thrills in life are traveling the world and eating new and local foods
- I imagine myself like Bourdain, except if I were broke, never went to culinary school and, I derived my cynicism from a brutal inferiority complex
- I have an appreciation for the finer things in life, like a wonderful Lobster Benedict at The Ocean House in Watch Hill, Rhode Island… but also have absolutely no problem tearing through a Buttery Jack from JITB’s, hammered at 2am
- I’ve never met a bread pudding I didn’t like
- I once broke my foot playing beer die
- “Food is what connects us, laughter is what cements us” – Phil Rosenthal
Shoot me a DM if you wanna hear more of my shitty opinions @marcbrockwell